Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Oh my word...

So, yesterday I had one long day. It was my first official day of school, which was very long and exhausting. Being 5 months pregnant and teaching 120 8th graders in one day just makes for a long day! After school I picked up Arianna from daycare. She wasn't super happy and the daycare lady said that she just woke up from her nap kind of crabby. I was thinking it was because she was just off her schedule a little. I had to make a few quick stops after school, so Arianna and I went to Walmart...
While in line at Walmart she started to act really odd...and all of a sudden she puked all over. When I say all over, I mean ALL OVER. Down my dress, on herself, in my shoes...everywhere. I felt her forehead and she was burning up. I left my cart at Walmart, walked out with as much dignity as I could and rushed home. I took her temp and it was 102! She stayed home today with Grandma and Grandpa. When Jason got home this afternoon I talked to him and he said she still wasn't good. So, I called the doctor and got her in yet this afternoon.
The poor girl. She has a lesser known form of Hand, Foot and Mouth. Only instead of the blisters forming on her hands and feet, they go down her throat. The doctor said that this was one of the worst cases he has seen this year. So, she needs to stay home all week.
What a way to start the year...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Laura, I can't imagine! Poor Arianna. I hope that you are able to find someone to stay home with her so that you can be at school, I know you'd love to be with her but not good timing. We'll be praying for her, poor little honey.

Kristin said...

I am praying.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is just the worst thing....poor baby. I remember when Cam had HFM, oh was it awful. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery, and for you having to deal w/ a sick baby and school. Hang in~

Favorite Things...

Up North