Saturday, September 6, 2008

Is this normal?!

So, I'm very sad today. No reason as to why, just sad. I've been watching Arianna play all day and I realized something. She doesn't need me nearly as much as she used to. She's getting so big, so fast. I feel as though time is just slipping past me and I can't quite grasp it all. I want to soak in every moment and I still feel as though I missing everything. Today we were in Old Navy and she refused to try on these shoes for church...she actually told me that they were "not pretty". Oh my word...is she old enough to pick out her clothes?! She curled her toes and no matter what I tried, those shoes were not going on her feet. It made me sad. Not because I liked the shoes so much, but because of the realization that she is growing up. She's not a baby anymore, she's a person. Okay, I know she's always been a person, but you all know what I mean. So, I wonder if this is normal. Or, is this being caused the the pregnancy hormones? Life is crazy isn't it? When she was a teeny-tiny baby I couldn't wait for her to start sleeping through the night and telling me what she wanted...I would give anything to go back to those nights, just once. Hold her, rock her and smell her sweet baby smell. I know I have another one on the way, but it won't ever be the same. Maybe I'm crazy. But, I miss her "babyness"...is that normal?
Maybe this is all because I'm headed back to school and I'm terrified I'll miss even more of her life. I know this is what is best for my family, I know that Arianna LOVES daycare and receives excellent care...but it still makes me sad.
Sorry to dump all this on you, my blog readers. I just had to get it out. Thanks for letting me share.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It is completely normal in my mind. I also wish that I could turn back the clock and then slow it way down.

The Kapenga's said...

You are so normal in my book! I am constantly amazed at how fast Jenna has grown up...and a bit sad about it. Live in the moment and enjoy every new and exciting stage because it too won't last long!

Favorite Things...

Up North