Friday, May 22, 2009

Health Update

Last week we went back to the ENT for Arianna's appointment. She had been sick that entire week so I was really glad that we were headed to the doctor. Turns out she had tonsillitis and was put on some antibiotics. The ENT also made the decision that her tonsils and anoids had to come out. The ENT said that they were both too large and that they were blocking her airway and draingage. He also said that they probably always had some infection which always made Arianna feel crappy sick. This surgery is a little more intense than tubes and she will have to spend the night at the Children's Hospital. Originally her surgery date was July 9. I was really bummed because it was so far away and I knew that she never felt good. But, we were put on a waiting list and the doctor called the next day bumping us up to June 11. PTL! That means her surgery is coming quickly (it also means that I don't have as much time to dwell on it!). The doctor felt that this was very needed and would help with many of Arianna's health issues. He said it would clear up her gagging, vomiting, refusal to eat, nasal voice (which I took some mild offense to, I think her voice is super cute!), her ear infections and obviously her tonsils always being infected.We know this is what is needed, but obviously we I, being a mom are worried about her having surgery again. I am very thankful that it's going to take place in a VERY good hospital and that we are spending the night. After tubes, she did not wake up well so it will be nice to have some nurse back-up! So, thank you for all your prayers. We will keep you posted!

2 comments:

laurabeth said...

Laura, We will be thinking of you and praying for you. You will be in very good hands at the Children's Hospital. We have had 3 very good experiences with Owen. Just remember, the end result is worth it. She'll do great and they bounce back so quick! Just look at Owen! Take Care

jessicagv said...

Hi.

My son had his tonsils and adenoids out last year and I have to say it was the best decision we made!

He has had no issues since. No snoring, no gagging, no throwing up, etc.

I will say that the first 3-4 days after the surgery are rough. My son found it pretty painful, but the pain meds did help quite a bit.

Don't worry at all, it is a surgery that is well worth it.

Favorite Things...

Up North