Monday, July 28, 2008

another surgery

I forgot to mention this in our last post, but I wanted to ask for prayers from everyone. Arianna is scheduled for eye surgery on August 13th. She has blocked tear ducts. This has been going on since birth, but I was hoping that it would clear up on its own. After meeting with the pediatric optimologist (I don't think that's spelled correctly, but who really knows...), she said that less than 2% of children over 1 have tear ducts clear up on their own. So, our best bet for clearing the problem up is with surgery. The surgery is very similar to the tubes, but she will have to be put out again and that always makes me nervous. I'm thankful they could get us in right away when Jason and I will both be out of school, and it gives me less time to stress! :) So, I ask for prayers. Please pray that the surgery will be successful, pray for peace of mind and finally that Arianna does okay. Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura, my friends little girl had the same surgery and everything went very well. I know it's hard not to worry when it's your own but I just wanted to give you that positive thought. We'll pray for her though, and the doctors, and you as well. Miss seeing you.

Anonymous said...

Laura - that is crazy b/c Emmitt is scheduled to have to same surgery on Aug. 15! The doctor I'm seeing said they are starting to do them earlier and earlier in infants, b/c they generally don't open themselves past the age of 9 mo. I have the same feelings you do. It's just gas, no IV, but it's still a bit scary. He told me it will take all of 3 minutes to perform it. And it will be worth it too, his poor little eye. I'm so sick of wiping it all the time. I will be praying for you for sure. Hope it goes well. Let me know! Hope you're feeling good too!

Favorite Things...

Up North