Monday, July 27, 2009

perspective...

today, i was going to write about how tired i am. how neal is still not sleeping. how he's up over half the night screaming his bloody head off. how i have no idea how to fix it, or how to get him to sleep. i've tried every trick i know, i've talked to every person i know, i've tried doctors and chiropractic therapy...i've tried it all. i was going to complain about how tired i am. i was going to whine about my life, again. then, i was given some perspective. i know i've written before how i read blogs. i'm addicted. lately, these blogs have given me some perspective. if you get a chance, please read them. read stellan's story and noah's road. it will give you some perspective too. so, last night, after reading those blogs, from 12:30am-3:30am when neal was crying in my arms, i held him tightly, gave him kisses and thought about my blessings rather than how much i wanted to sleep.

1 comment:

The Kapenga's said...

Hi Laura- I hope the nights are getting better at your house! I hear you on the "perspective". We all need that once in awhile. I've been trying hard to not get overwhelmed with family, baby on the way, house building, living at my mom's and still find myself being ungrateful at times for all these things which are actually blessings! Thanks for the reminder!

Favorite Things...

Up North