Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend...

We had quite the weekend. Jason started painting the basement so I had to "move out". I packed up Arianna and myself and moved into my parents basement while Jason sprayed our basement. We were at my folks house from Thanksgiving day to that Sunday. It was kind of like a mini-vacation! Arianan loved being around Grandma and Papa and had a really good time playing at their house. Jason finished the spraying and now we're getting ready to add the colors to the walls. Very exciting. My mom and I did our annual shopping day. I didn't know if I would make it this year considering my leg, but a deals a deal...and being dutch prevails. Pain over spending more money, right?! So, off we went at 5am and I lasted until about 12:30. We got lots of great things and I'm (almost) done Christmas shopping ~sigh~ now I must wrap.
We also got our Christmas tree. Another annual event. We head out with my family to cut down our tree. This year we decided on a tall but skinny tree. After getting it home, it looks a little like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, but we love it all the same. Arianna LOVES playing with all the "nomen" (snowmen) and I have to keep reminding her that they are pretties and we don't touch. She's also quite fascinated with the large socks that are hanging from our wall and keeps trying to tickle the feet. Oh to be two again. This is her first Christmas that she is realizing what's going on and it is so much fun to watch her excitement and joy. Hope you all had a blessed holiday weekend!
Here are some pictures from the past few weeks:
This is Arianna and Grandma when she was visiting.
We've been working on the whole potty thing. This is what Arianna would rather do with her potty seat...play peek-a-boo. Maybe someday...
Helping daddy cut down our tree
Dragging the tree back to the road so we could be picked up by the tractor
Arianna with two of her female cousins (Natalie and Lauren)...aren't they all so cute?!
Papa and Grandma with some of the girls. Arianna, Lauren and Claire (held by my mom).

Posing in front of our tree with the big socks in the background! ;)
and, for those of you wondering why I am not in any pictures, the rule around our house right now is no pictures of the fat lady. Ah yes, I know...pregnancy is beautiful. I totally agree. I agree that when I see other people pregnant I think they are beautiful. I know that it's God's miracle and that there is an actual person inside of me (which is why my belly is large and round) but the human side of me sees the scale and those three little numbers getting bigger and bigger and I suddenly am gripped with the terror that I might soon outweigh my husband. So, until my weight does not challenge his...no pictures of the fat lady. Sorry people, no belly pictures. That's just how it is :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm sure you look adorable to the rest of us. But I understand your fear of outweighing Jason. I remember those days. Mark's schooling is going well, but very busy and kinda stressful when you have a family and job on top of it. It's going to be a long couple years I think.

Favorite Things...

Up North