Friday, October 24, 2008

Things Never to Say to a Pregnant Woman...

These are things that have actually been said to me over the last few weeks:

  1. Wow, your fingers are starting to look like little sausages
  2. Is your face always so full, or is that just because you're pregnant
  3. You just look so tired (why not just tell me I look like crap?)
  4. Are you sure you should be drinking that, is that really good for the baby? (it was a diet coke)
  5. Did you gain this much weight with Arianna too?
  6. This happened at the maternity clothing store: Will you need those pants in an XL?
  7. How cute, you're actually starting to waddle.
  8. I actually think that you're bigger today than what you were yesterday!
  9. You know, if you drink more water it will help with all that water retention...
  10. Conversation:

Idiot: When are you due?

Me: Beginning of January

Idiot: Really, you look ready to pop any day now!

Listen people, I know that I'm as big as a house. You don't need to tell me. You can just lie and tell me I look great. I'll know that your lying, but at least I'll feel better.

3 comments:

The Kapenga's said...

Don't you just love people who cannot see the beauty in pregnancy and choose to point it out to you! At least you already know from experience that the reward is GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura - I cannot believe people said those things to you?!! How rude! I think there is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman! And I'm totally sure you look beautiful. In the end....it's all worth it, right? :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting that! Too many people don't think before they speak! :). I had a lady in church today ask when I was due, look at me and bite her tounge. Then she says, wow, you still have like 2 more months huh? Yep, I sure do. And I feel the way you think I look so let's just leave it at that. It's not fair some women only gain like 20lbs...

Favorite Things...

Up North