Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Realizing blessings..

I didn't know this, but today, October 15 is the National Day of Remembrance for pregnancy and infant loss. This includes all babies who have died because of miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, or any other infant death. I've been reading a blog, Bring the Rain at http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/ and it literally makes me weep. Seriously, not just tears, but sob. I have realized how truly blessed I am. Ever wonder why God blesses some people so greatly and some people have to endure such trial, suffering and pain? I have so many friends that have endured such grief. One lost her husband, he was only 27 years old. One friend, lost her baby at 13 days. One, a miscarriage, at 11 weeks. Grief. As I look at my life, I see how truly blessed I am. My friends, they are so amazing to me. I don't know how they do it. I don't know how you go on with grief that encompassing. They have amazing faith. They are true testaments of God's grace.
Today, on this day of remembrance, I encourage all of you who know someone who has lost a child (at any age) please pray for them. This grief, never goes away. I cannot imagine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful site, isn't it? That woman is a true inspiration. What a great idea to help out parents who have expierenced such grief... Thanks for posting it ;).

Favorite Things...

Up North