Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Have you ever....

Have you ever heard someone's life story and thought...wow, that's amazing. I just got home from my uncle's funeral, no wait, actually it was a celebration. I hate that word, funeral. It's so formal and yucky sounding. I like celebration so much better. That's what this was, a celebration. We celebrated the fact that as Christians we are saved. My uncle, lived his entire life to serve our Christ. I guess I didn't realize that until tonight. I always knew that he was totally into his faith and he loved the Lord, but his witness...it never dawned on me until tonight. When it was too late for me to tell him that he inspires me. My uncle's one wish, even on his death bed, was that we would never stop telling others about the love of Christ. He was never bitter or angry that he had this crappy cancer handed to him. He never complained...and he knew. He knew this cancer was going to take his life. But, because of that...he witnessed more. He seized every opportunity that he had to witness. Wow. I don't always do that. I'm afraid. Not him...he served. He wanted others to be able to celebrate death. He wanted others to know the love of Christ. He inspires me. He makes me want to do more. In his passing...he makes me want to be a better witness. He would be so happy to hear me say that. So, have you ever...have you ever listened to someone's life story and thought...wow, I could do that. I should do that. I need to do that. I had that tonight. So, thank you Uncle Fred. You will be missed. But, even in passing...you are still a witness. I know that he's dancing with Jesus right now. Beautiful.

No comments:

Favorite Things...

Up North