Wednesday, April 22, 2009

another prayer request...

Over the last few weeks Arianna has not been acting herself. She's been waking up throughout the night, snoring, acting really sleepy throughout the day, hitting, temper tantrums, not eating and just being difficult. In fact, I actually considered selling her on Ebay ;) However, I felt that something was just "off" with her so I decided to take her in to see her pediatrician. I thought for sure it would be her ears again, but it wasn't. He did a full exam and found lots of fluid in her ears, but no infection. Her ears are still not draining normally and after further examination he found that her tonsils are "quite large". He actually gave them a 4+ rating which is the "worse" rating tonsils can have. He says that he feels this is the cause of many of her behavioral issues because she is so lacking in sleep. He says that the size of her tonsils are actually blocking her airway making it difficult for her to get and stay in REM sleep. So, we received a referral to the ENT for a possible Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy. We're going in on May 14 and hopefully scheduling the surgery for early June. He said it is a two week recovery rate. Please pray for us as we have the exams and (hopefully) surgery. Obviously, I don't want her to have to have surgery, but if it will help her physically I know it's what is best. I totally trust my doctor, in fact he said that most ENTs don't like taking tonsils out before the age of 3, but that she really needed it. So, as I said earlier, please pray for wisdom for the doctors and peace of mind for mommy :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Poor little pumpkin. I will pray for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have to go through this Laura. We'll pray for good results!

Favorite Things...

Up North