Wednesday, November 5, 2008

and the gems keep coming...

Seriously people, I know that I'm huge (honestly, I think it's funny the horrible things people say to me which is why I share. I'm not usually offended, I just think "oh my word, people are so dumb.") So, these are the latest tidbits of pregnancy comments:
  1. Are you sure it's not twins?
  2. Really...9 more weeks to go? That seems like a really long time considering your size (yes, someone actually said that to me)
  3. Well, that's not just a cute little baby bump anymore is it?
  4. Even your maternity shirts are getting a little tight around the belly...could you try a larger size?
  5. So, is it a boy or a girl? (I respond, boy). That's what I would have guessed, mothers always are so much rounder when carrying boys

AND, PLEASE PEOPLE, unless you want your fingers broken...hands off the belly. Why do people think they can just reach out and touch my belly. Last night, a lady actually touched my belly and said, "don't feel much movement going on in there...must be running out of room."

I almost broke her hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMWord Laura...where do you run into all these incondsiderate people? Good grief! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Kristin said...

I am laughing, but only because I can't believe that people would actually have the nerve to say all of those things. I am sorry! I hope most of these comments are coming from your middle schoolers -- maybe then you could chalk it up to ignorance.

Favorite Things...

Up North