Monday, May 12, 2008

What I've Learned..

In light of this past Sunday being Mother's Day, I just wanted to write about what I've learned since becoming a mother:
  1. Life isn't all about having a clean house, laundry done etc. It's about spending time with family. My daughter will always remember the time I spend with her, not if the house was clean.
  2. It's okay to ask for help. That was a tough lesson to learn. I didn't want to be seen as weak or unknowing...but, I don't know everything (don't tell Jason). Sometimes, I need to ask for help and that's okay
  3. There is seriously nothing better than when your child smiles at you and says momma!
  4. I enjoyed the 3am feeding...it was quiet and just the two of us. I could sing to her, hold her and create a bond that can never be broken. And sometimes....I miss it.
  5. I realize that I am not in control. I am a total control-freak. I have learn that she is not my own, but God's and that is the way it should be. I am just being blessed by having her in my life. She is a gift from God.

I hope that you all had a wonderful, blessed and beautiful Mother's Day.

1 comment:

laurabeth said...

Amen to #5...learning about having a baby with a cleft I struggled with the control. Putting Owen in God's hand has given me peace. Not to say I am free from worry by any means, but knowing that God is in control gives me immense comfort.

Favorite Things...

Up North