Thursday, March 27, 2008

Humbled...

Ever have one of those experiences that makes you humble? Lately, I've had a lot. I realize how blessed I am. I realize that God has spared me so much grief and pain...and that I am lucky (I don't like using that word in reference to God, but I don't have another one...) Let me share my stories of what makes me humble. I have a friend. She's amazing. She's a wonderful mother and wife. She's also a pretty darn good friend. She listens when I complain, she laughs with me and she cries with me. All the while, I know she's hurting. She lost her baby 10 days after his birth. It's been 2 years, but that pain, it will never go away. I didn't understand until I had Arianna. She humbles me. Is she angry, yup, you bet; but she still lives her life. She lives her life with joy and happiness...not anger. I think that I would be stumbling if I were in that situation, but not her. Her story, humbles me. I have another friend. Her husband is very sick right now. Not just the kind of sick with the flu bug, no...he's terminally ill. He has cystic fibrosis. He's in the hospital, sedated, on a ventilator, waiting for a double lung transplant. Did I mention, she has 2 year old twins at home. Yet, she says that this is in God's hands and she trusts in Him. I don't know if I could do that. Her faith, it humbles me. On days like today, where I feel like complaining because I'm tired and I need a vacation, I think of these people in my life (whom I love) and realize...my life is pretty darn amazing. I have a beautiful home. A good job. A husband who is healthy (and even though he's addicted to ESPN...) he's a great dad and a great husband. I am healthy. Arianna is beautiful and healthy...and she's here. I am humbled.
If any of you are interested in reading about my friend who's husband is sick and praying for her, check out her blog: sweeney4.blogspot.com She needs some prayers. If you want to check out an amazing blog about cystic fibrosis (and be ready to shed some tears) check out: http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/ It's an amazing story.
I hope you're all doing well. As I look back at this post, I see that it's not so bad...being humbled. I am blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. God is good. This past year has taught me that we often look at others and wonder, "how do they do that, if that was me, I would never be that strong". Our God is so gracious that He gives us strength and peace to handle the toughest of situations. Thanks for the great reminder to count our blessings and not be overcome by the "little things" in life. We have so much to be thankful for.

CFHusband said...

Thank you.

nicole tieri cornell said...

Talk about past blast. I was in GR signing cds and promoting my album two weeks ago, and Laura VanderWaal attended an event at which I was singing. She steered me toward her blog, and I happened upon yours.
You seem well. I am currently still residing in NYC, having married a film professor I met and fell in love with at NYU. Julian and I are expecting a son--our first child--to be called Dashiell Frederic Cornell (my sweet baby Dash!) early this June.
I keep busy by writing songs and as of late, promoting the cd, "Tales From Magnolia Drive." It is currently an editor's pick on
www.cdbaby.com
where you can purchase it. My website
www.nicoletieri.net
is selling autographed copies
and the songs are downloadable at
www.digstation.com

Life is delightfully predictable and sweet. Coming home to Julian each day is a delight, and I look forward to being home full time upon the arrival of our "needy roommate!" I've never been more blissed out to meet someone.
Again, I am pleased you are well, and that you and your family are thriving.
Best,
Nicole Cornell
(Tieri)

Favorite Things...

Up North